Skip to content
Buckwheat Spirals w/Mushroom, Prosciutto & Cream
Recipes - Pasta
Buckwheat Spirals w/Mushroom, Prosciutto & Cream - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Buckwheat Spiral Pasta
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- gluten free cooked prosciutto, julienned
- 300 millilitres thickened cream
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add salt if desired and bring to boil again.
- 2. Add pasta and boil gently for 8 – 10 minutes or until al dente; drain under warm running water to stop further cooking and set aside.
- (Best to cook pasta & sauce simultaneously to avoid pasta going cold)
- 1. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- 2. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; gently stirring until tender.
- 3. Reduce heat and slowly stir in cream.
- 4. Continue cooking until sauce has thickened.
- 5. Add cooked prosciutto and basil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Option 1 - Place cooked pasta on warmed plates and top with the cream sauce.
- Option 2 - Toss warm pasta into the sauce, stir it in gently until well covered with sauce taking care not to break the pasta; serve on warmed plates.