Skip to content
Blueberry Friand Slice
Recipes - Baking
Blueberry Friand Slice - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- dairy free margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- icing sugar to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare an 18cm x 28cm (7" x 11") slice tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base and sides of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Sift icing sugar, flour and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- 4. Stir in almond meal and lemon rind and mix well to combine ingredients.
- 5. Place margarine into a medium sized saucepan. Melt margarine over a low heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place margarine into a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium until margarine is melted. Put a microwave-safe cover over margarine to prevent margarine spitting in the microwave. Stir in vanilla. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6. Place ORGRAN No Egg™ egg whites into a clean, dry bowl. Whip until stiff. Gently fold egg white into almond mixture.
- 7. Pour mixture into prepare tray.
- 8. Sprinkle blueberries over mixture in tray.
- 9. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- 10. When cooked, remove from oven. Allow to cool in tray.
- 11. Cut into pieces. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve with diary free cream.