Skip to content
Blueberry and White Choc Puffies
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Blueberry and White Choc Puffies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Frozen Butter (Vegan: 260g vegetable fat shortening)
- ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xanthum Gum
- Water (Vegan: 280ml vegetable fat shortening)
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 egg for wash (Vegan: 3 tbsp margarine)
- Fillings (as desired)
- White chocolate chips
- Grate chilled butter or vegetable fat shortening. Weigh out 75g and set aside. Divide the remaining butter or vegetable fat shortening into two equal portions and place these back into the freezer.
- Place the ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix, xanthum gum and pinch of salt into a bowl. Add the grated 75g butter or vegetable fat shortening and rub in with your fingers. Alternatively, you can use a food processor. Gradually pour in water, mixing as you pour until you have formed a soft, slightly damp dough. It should be a little moist.
- Shape the dough into a square and place on to a sheet of cling wrap. Place another piece of cling wrap on the top of the dough then roll to around 25cm x 20cm wide. Unwrap the dough.
- Retrieve the frozen butter or vegetable fat shortening out of the freezer. Scatter half of the butter over the bottom two-thirds of the dough. Fold the top 1/3 of the pastry over, followed by the bottom 1/3 of the pastry to form an envelope and press the edges together to help seal in the butter or vegetable fat shortening. Place the cling wrap over the pastry again and roll out.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining frozen butter or vegetable fat shortening. Wrap the pastry in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 15 min to firm up slightly.
- Take out of the fridge and roll out again to 25cm x 20cm. Fold the top 1/3 over and, then the bottom 1/3 up over to form an envelope again. Press the edges together slightly then wrap in cling wrap and chill again for 15 minutes. Repeat this process 2-3 more times then chill for 30 min before using.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll to ¼ inch thickness (vegan pastry should be rolled thicker approximately ½ inch thickness).
- Cut the dough into your desired shape (e.g. 6-8cm square).
- Add fillings as desired (e.g. blueberry and white chocolate chips) and fold the top and bottom 1/3 into an envelope.
- Brush beaten egg or margarine over the top of the pastry.
- Bake for 10-12 min.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool.