Skip to content
Beetroot and Bean Burger
Recipes - Cooking
Beetroot and Bean Burger - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 small beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons korma curry paste
- four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, loosely packed
- ORGRAN Premium Breadcrumbs
- 2 wholegrain (or sourdough) rolls, split, toasted
- 1/3 cup beetroot tzatziki
- baby spinach leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- herbs, to serve
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add carrot and beetroot and cook for 2 mins. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min until aromatic. Set aside to cool completely.
- Process bean mix and coriander in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Place onion mixture, bean mixture and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Use hands to mix until combined. Add salt & pepper to season as desired. Shape into 8 flat patties.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for 2 mins each side until golden. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Top roll bases with tzatziki, spinach, patties, cucumber and herbs. Sandwich with roll tops.