Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Beef Stew with Penne Pasta - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Total Time: 1h 45m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram beef chuck steak, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- organic crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon memento spice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ORGRAN Buckwheat Penne Pasta
- Heat oil in a wide base deep pot and add the beef. Brown on all sides. This could take up to 10 mins as the beef will release liquid. On a high heat, allow it to reabsorb and brown.
- Add the onions and garlic, oregano, all the spices, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Combine well and sauce for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes, boiling water and bring to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer covered for 1.5 hours. Check every 30 mins and gently stir. If needed add more boiling water or stock.
- Once beef is cooked, prepare pasta as instructed on packet.
- Drain pasta and add to pot of beef stew. Gently stir through and serve immediately.