Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Beef Casserole - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- skirt, blade or topside steak
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Selection of vegetables of your choice - sliced onions, sliced carrots,
- sliced parsnips, peas, beans, corn kernels, tinned champignon
- mushrooms, sliced potatoes, capsicum, etc.
- 3 tablespoons gluten free tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- Water approx 1 cup
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F), grease a deep casserole dish.
- 2. Mix the ORGRAN all-purpose plain flour, curry, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper together.
- 3. Cut steak into bite sized cubes and toss in the flour mixture, place in the dish, add
- vegetables of your choice.
- 4. Make sauce by mixing together tomato sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and water.
- 5. Pour sauce over the meat and vegetables in the dish, the sauce should half cover the contents in the casserole, so you may need to add a little more water.
- 6. Bake for approx. 1½ hours, stirring often.
- This is a very forgiving recipe; you can adjust the contents to suit the number of people.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with fried or grilled slices of ORGRAN bread,
- topped with melted cheese.