Skip to content
Beans & Bacon
Recipes - Cooking
Beans & Bacon - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- bacon pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh green beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Corn Crispy Crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare a large flat ovenproof dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Place bacon, onion and garlic into a medium-sized frying pan. Pour in 2 tablespoons oil. Cook until bacon and onion are well cooked.
- 4. Top and tail beans and cut into small pieces. Place beans into a steamer and steam until beans just change colour.
- 5. Place bacon, onion, garlic and beans into prepared casserole dish. Toss lightly to mix together.
- 6. Pour 3 tablespoons oil into a small frying pan. Warm over a gentle heat. Add ORGRAN corn crumbs. Increase heat. Cook until crumbs are golden brown. Stir to prevent crumbs burning.
- 7. Sprinkle corn crumbs over beans in casserole dish.
- 8. Place into a moderate oven and cook for approx. 10 minutes or until heated through.