Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Bean Balls - Orgran Health and Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN Premium Crispi Crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tin tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Put the kidney beans, cannellini beans, red onion, garlic, salt and white pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour and ORGRAN Premium Crispi Crumbs and process until combined.
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball, placing on a sheet of baking paper. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Add the vegetable oil to a fry pan and heat on medium high.
- Carefully place 6 bean balls in the pan, allowing to cook for a couple of minutes before turning.
- Continue to cook and turn until the outside of each bean ball is brown. Allow to drain on paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining bean balls until all are cooked.
- Remove the excess oil from the fry pan before adding the crushed tomatoes, garlic powder and brown sugar.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add the bean balls to the sauce and allow to heat through before serving.