Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Banana-Passionfruit Buns - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup dairy free passionfruit yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a 7cm (3½") (12-cup) bun tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with baking paper.
- 3. Sift bread mix into a medium sized bowl.
- 4. Melt margarine and pour into the bowl of an electric blender or food processor.
- 5. Add banana, sugar, golden syrup, yoghurt, eggs and vanilla to blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- 6. Make a well in the centre of the bread mix. Stir in liquid from blender. Stir in bicarbonate of soda and passionfruit pulp. Mix well to a stiff consistency.
- 7. About ¾ fill each cup with bun mixture.
- 8. Allow buns to rise until soft and spongy. Don’t allow to rise for too long, or the buns may be too open in texture.
- 9. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked when tested.
- 10. When cooked remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.