Skip to content
Baked Omelette Roll
Recipes - Breakfast
Baked Omelette Roll - ORGRAN Health and Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon butter (or monounsaturated margarine)
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk, for vegan alternative)
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheese (or vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN All Purpose Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- salt & white pepper, freshly ground (amount as desired)
Egg White Mixture
- 10 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg Mix
- 10 tablespoons water
Egg Yolk Mixture
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 2. Prepare a 30cm x 21cm (12” x 8”) jam roll tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Place butter (or monounsaturated margarine) into a medium-sized saucepan. Melt over a low heat. Remove saucepan from stove. Stir ORGRAN flour into melted butter. Return saucepan to heat and cook, stirring continuously for 30 seconds. Remove saucepan from heat and gradually stir in milk (or soy milk). Return saucepan to heat and cook stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens.
- Place butter (or monounsaturated margarine) into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in flour. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Gradually stir in milk (or soy milk). Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave on high, stirring at 30-second intervals until sauce thickens.
- 4. Stir 1/2 cup grated cheese (or vegan cheese), ORGRAN crumbs, mustard, paprika, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper into sauce. Set sauce aside.
- 5. Mix 10tsp ORGRAN No Egg with 10tbsp water and beat with mixer until thicken.
- 6. Place 50g ORGAN Vegan Easy Egg and add 200ml water and 2tsp oil. Beat well.
- 7. Lightly fold Easy Egg mixture and 1/4 cup grated cheese into No Egg mixture.
- 8. Spread over base of prepared tray.
- 9. Place into a hot oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes or until golden brown and set in the centre.
- 10. When cooked remove from oven.
- 11. Spread about two thirds of sauce over omelette. Roll up as for a jam roll.
- 12. Line baking tray with fresh baking paper and place omelette roll into tray.
- 13. Spread remaining sauce over roll. Top with remaining 1 cup grated cheese.
- 14. Bake for a further 7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 15. Serve slices hot or cold as desired.