Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Bacon Quiche - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Pastry Ingredients -
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- dairy free margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer (prepared for yolk instructions)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Quiche Filling Ingredients -
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked bacon
- 6 eggs (or ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ Quiche as an alternative recipe)
- sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups milk (or rice milk/almond milk)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- Pastry Method -
- 1. Prepare a 14cm x 3cm (11” x 1½”) deep round fluted quiche dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 2. Place the flour into the bowl of an electric food processor. Add butter (or low fat margarine). Process to mix ingredients.
- 3. Pour water into a measuring jug. Add oil, egg yolk and lemon juice and whisk well.
- 4. Pour liquid into food processor. Process until pastry is well mixed.
- 5. Turn pastry dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board. Lightly knead pastry. Roll out to 0.5cm (¼'') thickness. Line base and sides of quiche dish with pastry. Don’t have pastry too thin around the edge of the dish or pastry may burn before quiche is set in the centre.
- Quiche Filling Method -
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Sprinkle cheese and bacon over pastry in quiche dish.
- 2. Place eggs (or try ORGRAN Easy Egg™ Quiche as an alternative recipe), sour cream, garlic, mustard, milk (or rice/almond milk), salt and pepper and shallots into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to combine ingredients. Pour over cheese and bacon.
- 3. Place quiche into a moderately-hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 160°C (325°F). Continue to cook for approx 40 minutes or until quiche is set in the centre and cooked.
- 4. When cooked remove from oven and serve hot or cold, as desired.