Skip to content
Recipes - Baking, Cooking
Bacon Quiche - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 cups ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 egg, beaten (or ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, for vegan alternative)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 8 eggs (or ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™, for vegan alternative)
- 2 cups grated tasty cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked bacon (veggie bacon, for vegan alternative)
- 400 millilitres lite sour cream
- 2 1/2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 cups milk (or rice milk/almond milk, for vegan alternative)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 4 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
Shortcrust Pastry Method:
- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- Prepare a 20cm x 4cm deep (this size of pie dish can make 2 quiche) round pie dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place the ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt into the bowl of an electric food processor. Add margarine. Process to mix ingredients.
- Pour water into a measuring jug. Add oil, egg yolk (or use ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer as per packet instructions) and whisk well.
- Pour liquid into food processor. Process until pastry is well mixed.
- Turn pastry dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board. Lightly knead pastry. Roll out to 0.5cm thickness. Line base and sides of pie dish with pastry. Don’t have pastry too thin around the edge of the dish or pastry may burn before pie is set in the centre.
- Bake the pastry only for 5 mins in pre-heated oven.
Quiche Filling Method:
- Reduce oven to 165°C (325°F). Sprinkle cheese and bacon over pastry in quiche dish.
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™, sour cream, garlic, mustard, milk (or rice/almond milk), salt and pepper and shallots into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend to combine ingredients. Pour over cheese and bacon.
- Place quiche into a moderately-hot oven and bake for 30 mins. Reduce heat to 160°C (320°F). Continue to cook for approximately 40 - 45 mins or until quiche is set in the centre and cooked.
- When cooked remove from oven and serve hot or cold, as desired.