Skip to content
Asparagus with Prosciutto & Parmesan
Recipes - Cooking
Asparagus with Prosciutto & Parmesan - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Corn Crispy Crumbs
- a little olive oil, to brush asparagus
- 4 slices thin prosciutto, cut into thin strips.
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove thick bottoms of spears and discard.
- 2. Cut bottom of spears by rolling spears towards you and cutting into a point like the sharp end of a pencil. This is done to ‘shock’ the asparagus when it is placed in boiling water. This will help to retain the green colour.
- 3. Pour a large quantity of boiling water into a large saucepan. Place onto heat and bring to the boil.
- 4. Blanch asparagus by carefully dropping into boiling water. Leave in water for 2 minutes.
- 5. Remove immediately from boiling water and plunge into cold water for 3 minutes. This will help to refresh the colour.
- 6. Pour oil into a small frying pan. Warm over a gentle heat. Add ORGRAN corn crumbs. Increase heat. Cook until crumbs are golden brown. Stir to prevent crumbs burning.
- 7. To serve – drop asparagus into boiling water for 1 minute to reheat. Drain well.
- 8. Glaze asparagus spears with olive oil to give a high gloss.
- 9. Wrap thin strips of prosciutto around each spear of asparagus. Arrange on a serving plate. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with ORGRAN corn crumbs.