Skip to content
Apricot & Fig Muffins
Recipes - Baking
Apricot & Fig Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- dried figs
- dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- low-fat margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup plain dairy-free yoghurt
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 3 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, as per packet instructions
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Dried apricots and figs need to be soaked overnight.
- 1. Chop apricots and figs. Place into a small bowl. Add bicarbonate of soda. Pour boiling water over apricots and figs. Seal bowl and leave overnight.
- 2. Next day, preheat oven to 160°C ( 325°F).
- 3. Prepare 2 x 12-cup muffin trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 4. Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla.
- 5. Add egg mix, beating well.
- 6. Add yoghurt and golden syrup. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- 7. Stir in apricot & fig mixture.
- 8. Sift flour. Fold into creamed mixture. Mixture should be a moist consistency.
- 9. About three quarters fill each muffin cup in tray.
- 10. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 11. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.