Skip to content
Apple & Coconut Fritters with Strawberry Syrup
Recipes - Snacks
Apple & Coconut Fritters with Strawberry Syrup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 small apple per person
- 1 pkt Orgran Apple & Cinnamon Pancake Mix
- apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 dessert spoon coconut oil – gives a wonderful flavour, doesn’t burn and the fritters come out golden and crispy. You may need a little more oil if the pan starts to become dry.
- Strawberry Syrup
- 5 -6 chopped strawberries per person (you can also use mixed berries, chopped apple,
- mango or any other fresh fruits in season)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Enough organic apple juice so juice comes half way up the fruit in the pan
- 3 dessert spoons of organic caster sugar per cup of apple juice
- The use of coconut oil in this recipe gives a wonderful flavour, doesn’t burn and the fritters come out golden and crispy. You may need a little more oil if the pan starts to become dry.
- 1. Leaving the skin on, core each whole apple and slice into thick slices.
- 2. Add shredded coconut and dry pancake mix together and stir well until combined.
- 3. Whisk eggs and apple juice together and make up the pancake mix as per packet instructions.
- 4. Heat coconut oil in a moderately heated frying pan and add pancake mix with a slice of apple.
- 5. Cook the pancake on both sides or until the fritter is cooked and the apple is slightly caramelized.
- 6. Serve hot and eat straight away.
- Strawberry Syrup
- 1. In a frying pan add in a little more of the coconut oil and add in the fruits.
- 2. As soon as the pan starts to heat up, add in the apple juice. (You don’t want to add too much apple juice as you will need to increase cooking time to allow the juice to reduce which will lead to soft and mushy fruit.)
- 3. Add in the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquids have formed a syrup. (You can also take out the fruits leaving the liquid to reduce on its own and then add the fruits back into the syrup once it has thickened slightly.)
- 4. Pour the strawberry syrup over the fritters and top with ice cream, yoghurt, whipped quark or your favorite little naughty addition. Enjoy!