Skip to content
Almond Filled Biscuits
Recipes - Biscuits
Almond Filled Biscuits - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- a few drops almond essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- almond kernels
- ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
Almond Creme Filling Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons soft butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups gf icing sugar, sifted
- 1. Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF).
- 2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and almond essence.
- 4. Gradually add egg to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in almonds.
- 6. Sift flours into creamed mixture and mix well. Mixture should be a firm consistency.
- 7. Lightly dust hands with flour and roll portions of mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut and place onto prepared trays. Use a fork dipped in flour to press flat.
- 8. Place into a moderately slow oven and bake for approximately 18 minutes or until pale golden brown and cooked.
- 9. When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 2 minutes. Loosen biscuits and leave on trays to cool.
- 10. When cold, fill with Almond Crème Filling.
Almond Creme Filling Method:
- 1. Place all the ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix well together.
- 2. Fill biscuits with Almond Crème Filling.
- 3. Store biscuits in an airtight container.