Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Almond Crescents - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- a few drops almond essence
- ground almonds
- 1 3/4 cups ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- gf icing sugar, to dust cooked biscuits
- 1. Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF).
- 2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
- 3. Cream margarine, sugar, vanilla and almond essence.
- 4. Stir in ground almonds.
- 5. Sift flour into a small bowl. Gradually stir into creamed mixture. Mix to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- 6. Roll portions of mixture into sausage shapes.
- 7. Cut into approximately 8cm (3") lengths.
- 8. Shape into crescents and place onto trays.
- 9. Place into a moderately hot oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until just firm to touch. Biscuits should be almost unchanged in colour.
- 10. When cooked, remove from oven. Leave on trays.
- 11. Thickly and evenly sprinkle sifted icing sugar over crescents while still hot.
- 12. When cold, store biscuits in an airtight container.