Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Almond Buns - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/4 cups lemonade
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- A few drops almond essence
- 1. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- 2. Prepare a 9cm round bun tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Sift bread mix, flour and baking powder into a medium sized mixing bowl. Rub margarine into dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. This process may be done using an electric food processor. Stir in ground almonds.
- 4. Pour lemonade into a small jug. Stir in vanilla and almond essence.
- 5. Stir liquid into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6. About ¾ fill each cup with bun mixture.
- 7. Place into a hot oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked when tested.
- 8. When cooked remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.