2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 x 310g can red kidney beans
1 x 440g can diced Italian tomatoes
1 tsp tomato paste
1. Pour oil into a medium sized non-stick frying pan.
2. Peel onion and finely chop.
3. Peel and crush garlic.
4. Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook over a gentle heat until onion is tender.
5. Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, then add chilli and cumin.
6. Add beans and tomato.
7. Cook over a gentle heat until mixture reduces and slightly thickens.