½ cup cold water (125ml)
1½ cups & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (220g)
½ cup and 2 tbs. rice flour (100g)
½ Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (70g)
1 fresh egg (lightly beaten)
60g melted margarine
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
½ tsp. salt (2g)
1 tbs. golden rice syrup
2 tsp ground ginger
½ cup desiccated coconut (45g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 tsp. hot water
2 tsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F)
Grease lamington tin
Handy Hints: Baking tin should be no deeper than 4cm or may result in a slice with an uncooked centre.
Once completely cold, can apply icing.
1. Melt margarine and syrup over low heat.
2. Combine all dry ingredients with lightly beaten egg and cold water.
3. Pour in melted margarine and syrup.
4. When well combined, press into well-greased 28 cm x 18 cm x 4cm (11 in x 7 in x 1.5 in) lamington tin.
5. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
6. When cool, spread with lemon icing and cut into squares.
To make Lemon Icing:
1. Sift icing sugar into bowl.
2. Combine soft margarine, lemon juice, grated lemon rind and hot water and stir until margarine melts.
3. Mix into icing sugar and beat until it is smooth.