Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Ginger Coconut Slice
½ cup cold water (125ml)
1½ cups & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (220g)
½ cup and 2 tbs. rice flour (100g)
½ Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (70g)
1 fresh egg (lightly beaten)
60g melted margarine
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
½ tsp. salt (2g)
1 tbs. golden rice syrup
2 tsp ground ginger
½ cup desiccated coconut (45g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1 tsp. hot water
2 tsp. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F)
Grease lamington tin
- Melt margarine and syrup over low heat.
- Combine all dry ingredients with lightly beaten egg and cold water.
- Pour in melted margarine and syrup.
- When well combined, press into well-greased 28 cm x 18 cm x 4cm (11 in x 7 in x 1.5 in) lamington tin.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- When cool, spread with lemon icing and cut into squares.
To make Lemon Icing:
- Sift icing sugar into bowl.
- Combine soft margarine, lemon juice, grated lemon rind and hot water and stir until margarine melts.
- Mix into icing sugar and beat until it is smooth.
Gluten Free Ginger Coconut Slice
Handy Hints: Baking tin should be no deeper than 4cm or may result in a slice with an uncooked centre. Once completely cold, can apply icing.
- Meal type:
- Snack - Sweet
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 35 minutes