Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Snowy Chocolate Crescents
½ cup warm water (125ml)
1 cup maize corn flour (130g)
⅓ cup and 1tbs. & 1½tsp. rice flour (65g)
⅓ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (50g)
1 cup white caster sugar
½ cup softened salted butter
1 large egg
⅓ cup cocoa powder (30g)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
½ cup icing sugar (for coating)
Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix dry ingredients (except sugar) with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar by hand or with an electric mixer on medium speed, until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence, beat until light and smooth, scraping down the sides to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Slowly stir in the dry mixture by hand or mixer on low speed, until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Shape a level tablespoon of dough into a 7cm (3½ inch) log and bend the log to form a crescent shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough until finished.
- Place crescents on ungreased baking sheets approx. 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the outside is hard, but the centre remains soft. (Do not over bake).
- Allow to cool on pan for 2-3 minutes.
- While still warm, roll crescents in icing sugar until evenly coated.
Gluten Free Snowy Chocolate Crescents
Serving Suggestions: Serve with jam or cream
Ingredient Substitution: Alternatively 245g (1 2/3 cup) of Orgran Self Raising Flour can replace Maize flour, Rice flour and Orgran GFG
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: