Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Traditional Continental Cake
300ml warm water
2 cups maize corn flour (290g)
½ cup rice flour (85g)
½ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (75g)
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
¼ cup melted butter or margarine (60g)
2 fresh eggs, lightly beaten
½ tsp. salt (2g)
⅓ cup skim milk powder
1 tsp. lemon essence
2 tbs. poppy seeds
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 sachet (Tandaco) dry yeast (7g)
Sultanas and vanilla essence can be used instead of lemon essence and poppy seeds.
Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F)
Grease cake tin
- Mix margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla essence and warm water to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into greased cake tin and allow to stand for approximately 15-20 minutes (covered with a clean tea towel).
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. (Cake should be golden brown when baked). Cool on a wire rack.
Gluten Free Traditional Continental Cake
- Meal type:
- Bakery - Sweet
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- See Method
- Cooking time:
- 45 minutes