Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Cinnamon Tea Bun
1 cup fresh milk (250ml)
1 ⅔ cups maize corn flour (235g)
½ cup & 2 level tbs. rice flour (100g)
½ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (75g)
½ cup caster sugar
3 tbs. melted butter or margarine (80g)
2 fresh eggs, lightly beaten
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 level tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 sachet (Tandaco) dry yeast (7g)
Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F)
Grease muffin tin
- Mix dry ingredients (except sultanas) in a large bowl.
- Rub margarine through to a fine crumb.
- Combine milk and lightly beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place liquid mixture into bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix well to form a smooth and consistent batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased muffin tin. (As variation: shape spoonful batter portion into a ball) and put on a greased oven tray.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Tea Bun
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 18 Buns