Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Sponge Cake 2
½ cup maize corn flour (70g)
5 tbs. rice flour (45g)
5 tbs. Orgran GFG (40g)
½ cup caster sugar
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 sachet dry yeast (7g)
1 tsp. lemon or vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºF)
Brush one deep 23 cm round cake tin with melted butter or grease well.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, ½ of all sugar and essence together until light and well aerated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until you peaks form, then add the rest of the sugar gradually and whisk until peaks form again.
- Combine both mixes and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Folds in dry ingredients with a spoon and stir through until smooth. (Avoid over mixing).
- Spread mixture evenly into the prepared tin and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until the sponge is lightly golden and shrinks slightly from the sides.
- Leave the sponge cake in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Gluten free Sponge Cake recipe
Ingredient alternatives: Rice flour, Maize flour and Orgran GFG can be substituted with 155g of Orgran Self Raising Flour
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: