Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1½ cups warm, fresh milk (375ml)
1⅔ cups maize corn flour (235g)
⅔ cup rice flour (110g)
⅔ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (100g)
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
150 g margarine
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. lemon essence
Preheat oven to 160ºC (320°F)
Lightly grease cake tin.
- Combine margarine with dry ingredients to make a fine crumb.
- Place liquids in a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour liquid mixture into a bowl with dry ingredients and mix well until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Spoon mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 60-75 min
- Test with a skewer and if skewer comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
Gluten Free Madeira Cake
- Meal type:
- Afternoon Tea
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 60 - 75 minutes