1½ cups warm, fresh milk (375ml)
1⅔ cups maize corn flour (235g)
⅔ cup rice flour (110g)
⅔ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (100g)
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
150 g margarine
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. lemon essence
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (320°F)
2. Lightly grease cake tin.
3. Combine margarine with dry ingredients to make a fine crumb.
4. Place liquids in a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Pour liquid mixture into a bowl with dry ingredients and mix well until it becomes a smooth batter.
6. Spoon mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 60-75 min.
7. Test with a skewer and if skewer comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
Download the NEW and IMPROVED Orgran recipe app for FREE today.
More than 400 Gluten Free recipes at your fingertips for FREE.
Available on iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets.