1½ cups warm, fresh milk (375ml)
1⅔ cups maize corn flour (235g)
⅔ cup rice flour (110g)
⅔ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (100g)
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
150 g margarine
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. lemon essence
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (320°F)
2. Lightly grease cake tin.
3. Combine margarine with dry ingredients to make a fine crumb.
4. Place liquids in a separate mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Pour liquid mixture into a bowl with dry ingredients and mix well until it becomes a smooth batter.
6. Spoon mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 60-75 min.
7. Test with a skewer and if skewer comes out clean, then the cake is ready.