Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Lemon Cake 2
¼ cup & 2tsp. cold water (75ml)
1 cup & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (150g)
⅓ cup & 2tbs. &1tsp. rice flour (76g)
⅓ cup & 2 level tbs. Orgran GFG (66g)
½ cup caster sugar
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 fresh eggs
1 tsp. lemon essence
1 level tsp. bicarbonate soda (6g)
Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F)
Grease cake tin
- Whisk egg yolks, ¼ cup of sugar and lemon essence together until light and well aerated.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until you form a peak, add the rest of sugar gradually and whisk until you form a peak again.
- Combine both mixtures together.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Pour liquid mixture into mixture of dry ingredients, add cold water and stir through until smooth.
- Avoid over mixing when flour is added
- Spoon into greased cake tin.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, and then reduce heat to 160°C (320°F) and bake for another 20 minutes, testing for baked state.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Gluten free Lemon Cake recipe
Ingredient alternatives: Rice flour, Maize flour and Orgran GFG can be substituted with 290g of Orgran Self Raising Flour
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: