Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Easy chocolate cake
½ cup cold water (125ml)
⅓ cup & 2½ tbs. maize corn flour (65g)
⅓ cup rice flour (50g)
¼ cup Orgran GFG (35g)
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp. bicarbonate soda (3g)
1 fresh egg (lightly beaten)
¼ cup cocoa powder (20g)
65 g softened butter or margarine
½ tsp. salt (2g)
¼ cup full cream milk powder
1 tsp. vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F).
Grease cake tin
- Sift dry ingredients; mixing well.
- Rub butter through using fingertips, until you form a fine crumb.
- Add water, vanilla essence and lightly beaten egg.
- Mix well to form a smooth and consistent batter.
- Spoon batter into greased cake tin or ring pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes on the oven bottom shelf.
- Cool before decorating with chocolate icing and sifted icing sugar.
Gluten free Chocolate Cake recipe
Ingredient Substitution: 153g of Orgran Self Raising Flour can be used in replace of the Rice Flour, Maize Flour, Orgran GFG and bicarbonate soda
Serving Suggestions: Serve with strawberries and cream or sifted icing sugar.
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: