Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
4 fresh eggs
1 cup & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (150g)
⅓ cup & 1 tbs. & 3tsp. rice flour (70g)
⅓ cup & 1½ tbs. Orgran GFG (60g)
½ cup raw sugar (115g)
½ tsp. salt (2g)
1 teaspoon lemon essence
¼ cup flaked almonds (for sprinkling)
Preheat oven 170ºC (340ºF)
Grease cake tin
- Whisk egg yolks, ¼ cup of sugar and lemon essence together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until peaks form, then add the rest of sugar gradually and whisk until you form peaks again.
- Combine both mixtures together.
- Place corn flour, rice flour, salt and GFG into mixture and stir through until smooth. (Avoid over mixing when flour is added).
- Spoon into greased cake tin.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup flaked almonds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, testing for baked state.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Gluten free Almond Cake recipe
Rice flour, Maize flour and Orgran GFG can be substituted with 280g of Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: