Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
⅓ cup & 1tbs. warm milk (100ml)
1 cup & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (150g)
½ cup rice flour (85g)
⅓ cup Orgran GFG (50g)
50 g margarine cubes
2 tbs. raw sugar (24g)
½ tsp. salt (2g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 sachet dry yeast (7g)
Extra milk (for glazing)
Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF).
Lightly dust a large bowl with flour.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Rub margarine through dry mixture using fingertips, to form a fine crumb mix.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and combine warm milk.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Put into lightly dusted bowl to stand for 15-20 minutes, covered with a clean tea towel.
- Place dough onto a lightly dusted surface and press out to approx. 2.5 cm in thickness.
- Cut out rounds with a floured 5 cm cutter (before each cut).
- Heat a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the rounds in the heated tray, leaving room for spreading.
- Brush with extra milk; bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top (be careful not to over bake).
Gluten free Scones recipe
Suggestion: Serve warm or cold with butter, cream, jam or strawberries.
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Breads,Buns & Loaves
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: