Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1 cup maize corn flour (145g)
¼ cup rice flour (45g)
¼ cup Orgran GFG (40g)
60 g softened margarine
⅓ cup caster sugar
1½ tbs. milk (22ml)
½ tsp. vanilla essence
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
3 tsp. dry yeast
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tbs. lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 160ºC (320°F)
Lightly grease oven tray
- Mix dry ingredients (except sugar) in a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sift caster sugar to remove all lumps.
- Pour milk and sugar into a small saucepan, and stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved and then add the vanilla essence.
- Lightly beat the egg, and then add to dry mixture and mix.
- Gradually add warm milk/sugar mix to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough until it is smooth.
- Take tablespoon of the dough and roll each portion into a thin roll measuring 13 cm long.
- Twist two rolls together, forming into a circle, and press ends together.
- Place on prepared oven tray(s) and bake for approx. 10-12 min or until light golden in colour.
- While waiting for the biscuits to bake, prepare the icing mixture. Combine icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind. Beat until ingredients form a smooth mixture and place aside.
- While still warm, dip tops of the biscuits into the lemon icing and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Gluten free Taralli recipe
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Biscuits & Slices
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: