Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1 cup warm water (250ml)
1 cup & 2½ tsp. maize corn flour (150g)
3 tbs. vegetable or canola oil
½ cup & 2 level tbs. rice flour (100g)
1 tsp. salt (4g)
⅔ cup Orgran GFG (100g)
1 rounded tsp. of dry yeast
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the oil and work into the mixture of dry ingredients.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup of lukewarm water, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes until any excess moisture has been absorbed.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a large piece of foil with paper towels to keep the pita bread hot when cooked.
- Cut the dough in half and divide each half into four equal balls.
- Cover with a clean tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, flatten one ball of dough between your palms, lightly dust with flour, then roll out and cut with a cutter 15 cm round (or 11cm for a small pita).
- Place the dough on the hot pan and cook for 30 seconds, then turn and continue cooking until bubbles begin to appear on the surface.
- Turn again, pressing the edges down gently to encourage the pita to puff up, and continue cooking until brown patches appear on the underside.
- Wrap the cooked pita in the foil and continue making the others in the same way
- Meal type:
- Main meal
- Recipe type:
- Breads,Buns & Loaves
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: