Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1 ⅓ cups & ¼ cup warm water (400ml)
2 cups maize corn flour (290g)
⅔ cup rice flour (110g)
⅓ cup Orgran GFG (50g)
2 tbs. raw sugar (24g)
1 tsp. salt (4g)
½ cup skim milk powder
1 sachet (7 g) dry yeast
3 tbs. vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C (355ºF).
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and water.
- Mix well to form soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball and slap onto a greased baking tray, and then roll it out (or push it out with your hands) to about 20 cm in diameter and 2 cm thick.
- Cover loosely with a clean tea towel, tuck the ends under the tray, and leave in a warm place for about 20 minutes or until doubled in thickness.
- Uncover the dough.
- Pour warm water into a cup, (make sure the water is not too warm that it will burn your hands) then dip your fingers into the water and press into the risen dough to make deep dents all over the top; wet your fingers each time, to leave the top of the loaf moist.
- Brush the remaining oil over the bread and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes, and then wrap in a clean tea towel to soften the crust.
Gluten free Focaccia Bread recipe
- Meal type:
- Main meal
- Recipe type:
- Breads,Buns & Loaves
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: