Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1⅓ cups & ¼ cup warm water (400ml)
60 g softened butter or margarine
2 cups maize corn flour (290g)
½ cup rice flour (85g)
⅔ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (100g)
2 tbs. caster sugar
1 tsp. salt (4g)
2 large eggs
⅓ cup skim milk powder
3 tsp. dry yeast
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1½ tsp. crushed anise seeds (optional)
⅓ cup raisins (60g)
⅓ cup chopped pecans (40g)
⅓ cup candied orange peel (optional)
Preheat oven to 170ºC (340ºF).
Grease a deep cake tin.
- Place dry ingredients (except seeds, raisins, pecans, and peel) in a large bowl and rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add seeds, pecans, raisins, and peel and mix well.
- Lightly beat eggs in a separate container then add to dry ingredients, add water and mix well to form a smooth and consistent mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Smooth the top with 1 tbs. of milk.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 160ºC (320ºF), cover top with foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
When bread is baked, cool in tin for 5 minutes, and then continue cooling on a wire rack for 30 minutes before slicing.
Gluten Free Panettone
- Meal type:
- Bakery - Sweet
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- See Method
- Cooking time:
- 60 minutes