Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
⅓ cup milk (85ml)
1 large egg
½ maize corn flour (70g)
2½ tbs. rice flour (30g)
2½ tbs. Orgran GFG (20g)
1 cup gluten-free fresh white bread crumbs
½ cup caster sugar (110g)
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
1 tsp. salt (4g)
½ tsp. mixed spice
90 g shredded suet
1 cup raisins (176g)
Lemon rind from 1 lemon
3 tbs. maize corn flour (24g)
1 cup milk (250ml)
1 tbs. castor sugar
½ tsp. vanilla essence
Grease 1½ L pudding basin.
- Sift flours together in a large bowl.
- Mix in GFG, salt, baking powder and mixed spices.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, shredded suet, caster sugar, raisins, and lemon rind and mix well.
- In a cup, beat the egg with a little of the milk and mix into dry ingredients.
- If necessary, slowly add remaining milk until a consistent batter is formed. (Batter is not too runny; it only just holds together).
- Turn mixture into prepared basin.
- Seal top firmly with foil and steam for approx. 2 ½ hrs or until well risen and cooked through.
To make Vanilla sauce:
- Blend corn flour with 3 tbs. of milk to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining milk on low until hot (be careful not to curdle the milk).
- Remove from heat and stir in blended corn flour.
- Heat on medium and bring to boil, cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and vanilla essence.
Gluten free Christmas Pudding recipe
Serve with vanilla sauce.
Serve with steamed pudding.
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: