Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
No Egg™ Meringue
1/2 cup Orgran No Egg™ Natural Egg Replacer
½ teaspoon citrus pectin (recipe on this website)
1 cup ice cold water
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup pure icing sugar
1 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 130° (260°F)
- Blend Orgran No Egg & pectin together thoroughly while dry, and then add to cold water in mixing bowl.
- Mix on high for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and sugars 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue mixing on high for a further 5 minutes. The foam will increase in volume.
- Spoon or pipe meringues on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 130°C (260°F) for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the oven off without opening the door and allow the meringues to dry out until the oven is cool.
- If not serving immediately, store in airtight container.
Tip: When baking smaller individual meringues, reduce the cooking time to 1hr and 15 minutes
Gluten Free No Egg Meringue
- Meal type:
- Bakery - Sweet,Desserts
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- 10 - 12 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 2 hours