Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Nanna's tea cake
1½ tbsp. cold water (20ml)
1/3 cup milk (80ml)
1 cup. Orgran Self-Raising Flour (150g)
½ cup caster sugar (110g)
1 tsp. Orgran No Egg (3g)
½ tsp. vanilla essence
80 grams butter
Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
Grease 20cm round cake tin.
- Beat the butter, caster sugar and vanilla with an electric beater until pale and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat No Egg with 20ml water until fluffy and then add to butter/sugar mixture. Beat until well combined. Stir in half the flour, then all of the milk and then the rest of the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Leave cake in tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
Gluten free Tea Cake recipe
Suggestion: for topping, brush the cake with melted butter, or combine caster sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: