Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1 large egg
1 cup maize corn flour (145g)
⅓ cup rice flour (55g)
⅓ cup Orgran GfG - Gluten Substitute (50g)
¾ cup salted butter (softened)
¾ cup white caster sugar
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla essence
4 Tbs cold water
Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix dry ingredients (except sugar) with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar by hand or with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence, beat until light and smooth, scraping down the sides to ensure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Slowly stir in the dry mixture by hand or mixer on low speed until crumbly mixture is formed.
- Gather dough into a ball, flatten the ball into a dish and wrap tightly in cling wrap or a plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour, until firm.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough.
- Add cold water (approx. 4 tbs.) until dough becomes smooth enough to roll out.
- Roll out dough to approx. 5 mm (¼'') thick.
- Cut dough into desired shapes and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate with coloured sugars or sprinkles.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, being careful not to brown.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool flat surface.
Sprinkle with more caster sugar
1⅔ cups (250g) Orgran Self Raising Flour can be used in replace of the Rice Flour, Maize Flour and the Orgran GFG
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Meal type:
- Bakery - Sweet
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- See Method
- Cooking time:
- 10 - 15 minutes