Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1 fresh egg, lightly beaten
⅔ cup & 1¼ tbs. maize corn flour (100g)
⅓ cup rice flour (50g)
¼ cup Orgran GFG (40g)
⅓ cup caster sugar
60 g softened margarine
1½ tbs. fresh milk (22ml)
½ tsp. vanilla essence
3 tsp. dry yeast
4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder (16g)
¾ cup icing sugar
2 tbs. lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 180°C (355ºF)
- Put dry ingredients (except sugar) into a bowl.
- Rub in margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Put milk and sugar into a small saucepan, stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved and then add vanilla.
- Add lightly beaten egg and warm milk/sugar mixture gradually to flour mixture and mix well.
- Turn out on to lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth.
- Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll each portion into a thin roll measuring 13 cm
- (5 ½ in) long.
- Twist two rolls together, form into a circle, and press ends together.
- Place on lightly greased oven trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are a light golden colour.
- While still warm, dip tops of the biscuits into the lemon icing.
- Leave the biscuits to cool on a wire rack.
Combine the sifted icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind and beat until the mixture is smooth.
Gluten free Lemon Biscuits recipe
Ingredient Substitution: Alternatively 2 1/2 cups of Orgran Self Raising Flour can replace Maize flour, Rice flour and Orgran GFG
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Biscuits & Slices
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 15 Minutes