Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Puff Pastry for Sausage Rolls
1⅓ cups & 1 tbs. water
1⅔ cups maize corn flour (235g)
⅔ cup rice flour (110g)
⅔ cup Orgran GFG (100g)
⅔ cup pea flour (110g)
1 tsp. salt
Have a small cup of water and a small bowl of rice flour for rolling and use as needed.
When rolling dough, dust the surface with rice flour to prevent stickiness.
If mixture gets too dry and crumbly, sprinkle with a small amount of water using your fingertips. You only need a small amount.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub margarine through to a fine crumb.
- Make a well and pour in water.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Mix until a firm dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave to rise for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out dough to a rectangular shape (approx. 45 x 30cm) or 18in. x 12in.
- Roll over ⅓ dough sheet from one side to cover middle of the sheet and ⅓ of other dough side onto 2-layer sheet. This is a half turn.
- Roll out 3-layer dough sheet in the opposite direction to make other half turn and fold over to make 3-layer sheet.
- Give the dough 6 half turns. Cover and rest after every second turn.
- Roll out piece of puff pastry to approx. 4mm in thickness.
Gluten free Puff Pastry recipe
Now the dough is ready to be used for sausage rolls or meat pies. TIP: add your own preservative free mince meat or gluten free sausage meat for a healthier sausage roll or pie.
Note: Baking temperature: 220ºC (425ºF), time 15-20 minutes.
Ingredient alternatives: Rice flour, Maize flour and Orgran GFG can be substituted with 445g of Orgran Self Raising Flour
- Meal type:
- Main meal
- Recipe type:
- Pizza & Pastry
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: