Orgran Rice & Corn Mini Lasagne Sheets (follow cooking instructions on the box)
650g eggplants (cut into 5 mm slices)
4 tbs. of finely shredded basil
Olive oil (for greasing)
30g grated Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour
2 ½ cups skim milk
1 garlic clove
40 g sliced carrots
2 tbs. reduced fat spread
1 large fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tsp. olive oil
1 crushed garlic clove
250g finely chopped onions
1 tsp. dried oregano
825g canned tomato pieces
Salt & black pepper (to taste)
Variation: To prepare the Lasagne in advance, assemble in the dish, then cover loosely with foil and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Note: Eggplant slices are the ideal filling for this superb vegetarian Lasagne, which can be made a day in advance.
Preheat oven 180°C (356°F)
Lightly grease a 325 x 225 x 50mm or 13” x 9” x 2” ovenproof dish with oil
Combine garlic, onion, oregano, salt and pepper into tomato pieces
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan; add the carrots, clove, parsley and peppercorns.
2. Bring to the boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave the mixture to infuse for 30-40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce.
5. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add the onions and fry for 6-8 minutes, until softened, but not browned.
6. Add garlic to the pan and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes and oregano and bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes,
stirring frequently, or until reduced by about one-third and then season to taste.
8. Meanwhile steam the eggplant single-layer batches for 4-5 minutes each batch, until softened. Put aside.
9. To complete the bechamel sauce, strain the infused milk and discard the flavourings.
10. Melt the spread in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
11. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to boil, whisking continuously until the sauce is thick enough to thinly coat the back of a spoon.
Simmer for 3 minutes then add salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg to taste
Lasagne sheets preparation and Assembly
1. Prepare Lasagne sheets as per instructions on the box
2. Place 2 sheets of pasta in the bottom of the dish and pour over a third of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with basil.
3. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on top and spoon over the bechamel sauce.
4. Repeat the layers and top with a layer of Lasagne.
5. Pour the remaining bechamel over the top and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake the Lasagne for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling hot. Serve straight from the dish.
Download the NEW and IMPROVED Orgran recipe app for FREE today.
More than 400 Gluten Free recipes at your fingertips for FREE.
Available on iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets.