Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Apricot Fruit Pirogue
¾ cup warm milk (190ml)
3 cups Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour (360g)
1 sachet dry yeast (7g)
1 tsp salt
¼ cup caster sugar
¼ cup melted butter (60g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ cup diced dried apricot
¾ cup water (190ml)
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. caster sugar
2 tbsp. water
Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
Grease large bowl.
Grease large baking tray.
- Mix dry ingredients including yeast in a large bowl.
- Add arm milk, butter and egg into dry ingredients and mix well to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the dough in greased bowl, cover with a clean towel and leave in warm place for approximately 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the filling ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer until the mixture is thick and apricot is tender. Put aside to cool.
- Divide the dough into half. Roll each half into a rectangle 25cm x 20cm (10" x 8") in size.
- Place one of the rolled dough diagonally on a large greased baking tray.
- Spread cooled filling evenly along the centre, leaving a 3cm (1") border at each end. Then cut approximately 2cm (¾") strip along either side of dough. Fold up each end and brush with glaze.
- To make glaze: combine caster sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bake the pirogue in the prepared oven for 20-25 minutes, then cool on wire rack
Gluten Free Apricot Fruit Pirogue
Option: to make a more voluminous pirogue use 2 sachets of yeast or 1 sachet of yeast with 2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
Tip: For a softer textured pastry, replace the current glaze with a simple egg white glazing
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- 20 - 25 minutes