Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
Orgrans famous shortbread
2½ cups Orgran self-raising flour (325g)
½ cup Orgran plain flour (60g)
220g butter or margarine
1 cup pure icing sugar
Preheat oven to 150C (300F)
- Melt butter in a saucepan that large enough to mix all of the ingredients.
- Remove from heat.
- Sift Orgran self-raising flour, Orgran plain flour and icing sugar into the saucepan. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute or until well combined, add more self-raising flour if the mixture is wet or sticky.
- Roll into 1 cm thick shapes if you wish. (It is easier to work on a slightly greased surface.)
- Place on a greased oven tray lined with baking paper. Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
Gluten free Shortbread recipe
Dough may crumble easily, however shortbreads can still be made.
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Biscuits & Slices
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: