Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
2¼ cups Orgran Self Raising Flour (290g)
¾ cup milk or soy milk (190ml)
20g chopped butter
1 tbs. sugar (12g)
pinch of salt
extra milk for glazing
Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F)
Lightly grease baking tray.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl
- Rub in the butter, using fingertips until the mixture is fine and crumbly
- Lightly beat egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour all the egg mixture into the well.
- Mix lightly with spoon or spatula to form soft dough. Slowly add small quantity of flour to prevent sticking, if needed.
- Gather the dough together, (do not knead the dough) and merely turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly press out the dough until it is 2.5cm (1") thick.
- Cut out rounds with a floured 5cm (2") cutter
- Heat a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes
- Place with the extra milk. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- If you are serving the scones warm, wrap them in a clean tea towel while still hot.
Serve warm or cold with butter, cream, jam or strawberries.
- For sultana scones, add 1 cup sultanas in step 1 when you sift the flour into the bowl.
- For date scones, add 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates to the flour in step 1.
- For cheese scones, add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese to the flour in step 1.
Gluten Free Scones 1
- Meal type:
- Bakery - Sweet,Snacks
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- 30 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 10 - 15 minutes