Gluten Free Recipes - Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Snacks, Meals & Desserts
1¾ cup Orgran self-raising flour (235g)
150g butter or margarine
½ cup brown sugar (115g)
2 cups dried mixed fruit (350g)
1 cup orange juice
1 tsp. mixed spice
2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
Preheat oven to 150C (300F)
Grease 20cm cake tin and line with baking paper
- Place mixed fruit, butter, brown sugar, mixed spice and orange juice in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and stir occasionally.
- Boil for 4 minutes and leave to cool.
- Using spoon (wooden spoon), beat egg, flour, and baking powder until combined.
- Combine egg mixture with slightly cooled mixed fruit, then spoon the combined mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before transferring onto cooling rack.
Gluten free Fruit Cake recipe
- Meal type:
- Recipe type:
- Cakes & Muffins
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time: