Recipe of the Month
500g fish fillets, of your choice
2 cups gluten free beer
1½ cups Orgran Self Raising Flour
olive oil for frying
- Cut fish into small cocktail pieces.
- Pour beer into an electric food blender. Add flour. Blend until ingredients are well mixed. Pour batter into a small bowl.
- Pour enough oil into a saucepan to fry fish cocktails. Heat oil over a gentle heat. (Or follow the instructions for your preferred cooking method.)
- Dip fish cocktail pieces into beer batter. Drain excess batter.
- Cook a small amount of fish cocktails according to the size of the frying medium used.
- Cook until golden brown and fish is cooked. Take care not to overcook.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
Gluten Free Fish Cocktails by Ruby M Brown - photos by Kevin Brown
- Meal type:
- Main meal
- Recipe type:
- Preparation time:
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking time:
- 30 minutes